Saturday, April 10, 2010

Floral Re-Mix - Hydrangea with Ranunculus in Anthropologie Pot

Suzanne's Bouquet didn't really seem right for an arrangement in my apartment, so I decided to deconstruct it and make something new - sans blue Hydrangea...I was just not feeling blue Hydrangea this week.

So that left me with white Hydrangea, white Ranunculus and the mystery reddish brown leafy plant. I used a pedestal pot that I got from Anthropologie a few months ago. We do not need, nor can we fit, another home good in our apartment. But I justified the random purchase that day by telling myself that it was only $8 (deal!), I needed to get my parking validated (they didn't validate), and it was heavy enough to also use as a weapon in the case of an intruder (I live in a 4th floor walk-up...who would bother?). I couldn't find it on the web site, but I've seen it at both the Georgetown and Friendship Heights Anthropologie stores recently, so it's still around if you need parking validation or a weapon...



This piece was actually further re-mixed when I decided to bring flowers to my in-laws' house for Easter dinner. I broke down some of the pieces into a smaller, mercury glass cup that I was happy to leave with them. So I got a lot of mileage out of this week's floral purchase, despite the bad start with the sad blue Hydrangea.

No comments:

Post a Comment