Saturday, April 17, 2010

Savannah in Bloom - Hybrid Ranunculus

I'm in my old stomping grounds of Savannah, GA for a big corporate event and I knew that Natalie and Heidi from Savannah Florist A to Zinnias would be up to their very capable elbows in flowers this weekend due to a number of weddings as well as all of the blooms for our event. I told them I'd love to help when I wasn't working on the event, if they would like, and they were more than happy to have me come to clean and cut flowers with them after Thursday's 18-box delivery. They thought I was silly to WANT to help with such a task, but I really did enjoy it. Just seeing the buckets and buckets of flowers was pretty amazing.

I won't even start on how mad I was to not have a camera to get pictures of the sheer number of flowers....but these hybrid Ranunculus were incredible. You may be able to get some idea of their size in comparison to the white roses at the bottom corner of the picture - but not a just comparison because they are huge.


I couldn't imagine cleaning and cutting flowers with better company, and hope to share some real pictures of the flowers for our corporate event next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment